Chin implants improve the balance of your facial profile and correct a “weak” or receding chin caused by a congenital deficiency, age-related bone reabsorption or facial trauma. A weak chin can make the nose seem larger or the neck appear fatty and undefined. Chin augmentation with an implant is the procedure of choice for most patients with normally functioning teeth and jaw development. A chin implant gives the chin more projection and a better shape. In addition to better mouth posture, chin implants can improve the jowls and the hanging tissue in the neck, giving a man a more masculine jaw line and a woman a more aristocratic neck and jaw line.
The silicone rubber implant is placed through a small chin incision.
- Anesthesia: Local anesthesia
- Length of surgery: 30 minutes
- Length of stay: 1 to 2 hours
- Patients might experience minor swelling or bruising
- Back to work 24 hours Exercise Return to normal activity after 48 hours Discomfort
- Mild Swelling Mild to moderate (should be gone in 2 to 3 days) Bruising Common, but easily camouflaged Bandages Minimal
- Final result: Improved jaw line in less than 2 weeks