Harbor Plastic Surgery Center
Harbor Plastic Surgery Center
11511 Canterwood Blvd NW, Suite 310
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Hours: Tuesday - Friday: 8am – 4pm
Occasional Monday clinics
Harbor Plastic Surgery Center and Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Updated September 9, 2021
We had the privilege of administering over 1000 vaccines to healthcare workers, educators and people over 65 and people living in multigenerational homes. Our staff joyfully put in extra hours before and after work and on weekends to serve in this capacity but at this time, because vaccines are readily available at all pharmacies in our area, we are no longer offering vaccines. We strongly suggest any booster shots that are FDA approved, but we will unfortunately not be administering them at our center for now.
We have prudently watched data coming out of the scientific community and are pleased with the latest recommendations out of the CDC. Because the vaccine has been proven to be so effective against Covid-19, we have updated our Covid policies. For patients and family members who are fully vaccinated, we no longer require additional screening at the door or testing prior to surgery but with the Delta variant, we will offer an optional test to anyone who would like one. For unvaccinated, we will take temperatures and ask screening questions and recommend a Covid test prior to surgery. We continue to use our Quidel Sofia 2 SARS Antigen testing machine for this purpose.
Due to CDC and Washington state guidelines, masks are still required for everyone at all times in our facility, regardless of vaccine status.
We are continuing to allow complimentary screening of any concerning skin leasions. If you have a lesion on your skin that is growing or changing, please contact us. You can text a picture, along with your name and a description of your concerns to Dr. Piasecki at (253) 509-4438 or send him a text and he'll send you a link to our secure texting app. If he believes you should come in for a biopsy, we'll set up an appointment in our office.
We are also continuing telemedicine consultations and follow up visits for anyone who does not want to come to the office. These are done through a secure app and have worked well throughout the pandemic. Call our office to schedule a consult.
For patients coming to our office, here's an overview of what to expect:
- All elective surgical patients who are not fully vaccinated will be required to either bring a negative covid test report that has been taken in the last 72 hours, or have a test performed in our center prior to surgery. Testing for self pay patients is $50. It is covered by a vast majority of insurance providers.
- We will not cancel skin cancer surgery or other medically necessary cases in the event that a patient refuses testing, but it is highly recommended.
- Anyone testing positive will be asked to quarantine for 14 days and show a negative Covid test prior to surgery.
- Patients are allowed one friend/family member (chaperone).
- Anyone entering our facility who is not fully vaccinated will be screened at our front door. Any unvaccinated person with Covid symptoms or a temperature >99.6 F will not be admitted to the center and will be given additional instructions/guidance on next steps in the best interest of their health.
- Chaperones may receive a Covid test if they would like. In order to do so, we will create a medical record and ask for insurance to bill for the test.
- All patients/chaperones and staff members are required to wear a mask in our facility.
- Only two patient/chaperone pairs are allowed in the reception area at a time (maximum of 4 people).
- Each patient/chaperone is given a private isolated room for the duration of their visit in our center.
- We have removed frequently touched objects - magazines, pamphlets, etc
- Common use areas are disinfected 3 times per day.
- Patient care rooms’ “Touch Surfaces” – door handles, counter tops, armrests, pens/clipboards, even shade adjustment handles – are disinfected after every use.
- EPA approved disinfectants shown to kill viruses (including coronaviruses) is specifically used.
Welcome to our Practice
Harbor Plastic Surgery Center is a small, boutique practice in Gig Harbor, WA, focused on providing the highest level of care and service to our patients.
Justin H. Piasecki, MD is double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is a member of the Mohs College. For information on the Skin Cancer Center and Dr. Piasecki's treatment of skin cancer, click here.
In addition to skin cancer, Dr. Piasecki specializes in facial cosmetic surgery, minimally invasive procedures (fat grafting, injections and fillers - Botox, Dysport, Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm and Radiesse) and directs the AAAHC accredited, Medicare Certified Operating Room and internationally acclaimed Skin Cancer Center. Please click here for more information on our cosmetic surgery practice.
Because he believes that proper skincare is the best way to maintain healthy skin and a rejuvenated look, Dr. Piasecki develops anti-aging skincare. Dr. Piasecki's Cosmetic MD line is an easy to use, science-based, affordable skincare line with amazing clinically proven results. Dr. Piasecki and his wife donate profits from skincare sales to charities that help kids. We also carry Obagi skincare products and Latisse eyelash growth formula.
Please explore our website for more information. If you have questions or would like to discuss treatment options, please call (253) 858-5040 or email Dr. Piasecki. Welcome!