Botox and Dysport
Botulinum Toxins (Botox and Dysport) are prescription medications that are injected into muscles to improve the look of moderate to severe facial lines caused by muscle movement. They temporarily paralyze the muscles, thus reducing the lines that repetitive muscle movement can cause. Botox and Dysport are different brands and act slightly differently. Dr. Piasecki may one or the other or a combination to achieve the desired result.
- Reduces the appearance of moderate to severe lines cased by muscle movement
- Results last for three – six months
- Once injected, takes 2 to 7 days to take effect
- Moderate swelling is possible for the first 24 hours
- We ask that you not engage in strenuous exercise for 24 hours following injections as this could remove the toxin from the muscles, reducing the impact of the medication
Patients with egg allergies should not use Botulinum Toxins.