The ultimate in turning lemons into lemonade
Plastic Surgeons agree that much of facial aging is caused by a loss of volume in the face. With a loss of volume, gravity pulls the skin down, creating wrinkles, sags and droopy skin. For years, researchers have tried to figure out how to take unwanted fat and graft it onto the face to plump the face and reduce wrinkles. Researchers have finally figured out how to do it and Dr. Piasecki is now offering this new technology.
Reasons for considering Fat Grafting
Large bags under the eyes
Wrinkles and/or creases under the eyes.
Drooping skin under the eyes or in the mid face
Large, well defined wrinkles
Fat Grafting consists of 2 or 3 steps, depending on your goals. First fat is harvested from the area of your choice. Common areas include: abdomen, flanks, posterior arms, hips and thighs. Once the fat is harvested, Dr. Piasecki processes it into a combination of microfat and stem cells to prepare it for injection. If you have deep wrinkles or creases that you’d like filled, Dr. Piasecki will process additional fat into nano fat/stem cells and inject directly into the creases.
- Length of surgery: 60 to 75 minutes
- Length of stay: Outpatient (home the same day)
- Back to work: immediately
- Exercise: May after 5 days
- Discomfort: Mild – harvesting site may be sore; face may feel tight (anticipate Tylenol for 3-5 days)
- Swelling: Moderate to significant; Expect to not want to be seen publically for 5-10 days
- Bruising: Very common from harvesting site. Possible in injection site.
- Bandages: Minimal – only on harvesting site.
- Final result: Appearance will improve for several months following surgery, but the most dramatic results are visible in the first 2 to 3 weeks.